Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 4th 2008

I hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day! You know...    holidays like this one don't make it easy being away from family. It makes you miss all the cookouts, smelling like sulfur all night long, and almost blowing up your brother with cheap fireworks...     or at least shooting them at the neighbors pets!  :)

Jordan and I decided that we were going to hang out with the college interns! They were lots of fun...   what would you expect?
They were playing a little volley ball (which I DID show them my mad skills!) and also had a watermelon eating contest...   be glad I spared you the pictures.    :)

We were on the beach while they were shooting off fireworks. We could see about 3-4 different shows. They only bad part is that we were a few miles away from all of them. But at least some vacationers people blew a ton of money on "over the counter" fireworks!   :)    Better than nothing!


I will have to say...    aside from all the grilled beef and sparklers...    that I am very proud of all our men and women in the military. Which without them...     Independence Day would mean nothing.

No comments: