Wednesday, January 21, 2009

President Obama's Inauguration Speech


*This post was started the day after the speech, just never got finished because I ran out of time, as explained. So here's the rest...

Well, I was
 working yesterday when President Obama gave his inauguration speech. So I decided to watch it today before I go into work (which is about in 20 mins, so I can't take long).
I'll just say that I thought his speech went very well. Of course, as long as you're a good reader I'm not sure how you can mess up the speech. I wish I could know how much of it he wrote. He might have written the whole thing? But I doubt it. For the sake of this post, I'll just assume he wrote it, because even if he didn't I can at least assume that he meant all of it.
I only watched it once, so I didn't completely grasp everything he talked about, and I'm not going to "nitpick" the speech. I just wanted to give a few 
thoughts I had for the sake of blog
ging.

First,  I was completely dumbfounded at the amount of people I saw on the lawn in D.C.! I heard it was in the millions! I'm not sure if that was normal or not. But I'm sure lots of people went so they could say " I WAS THERE!" the day history was made.
Second, I am very proud of our country for picking a "mostly" African American President. And I'm glad I that I will be able to talk about it first hand, even though I did NOT vote for Obama. I still disagree 
with some of his points, morals, and I wish he was a Republican.  :)    
Nonetheless, I still respect him as my President, will gladly fight for my country under his leadership if drafted, and will support his decisions unless they conflict with the Bible. I believe this level of respect should be given to EVERY President! Past, Present, and Future. But I never expect that to happen in our society.
Third, I will say that he's got a lot of work to do and he probably has the biggest expectation laid upon than the past three Presidents. 
If you ask me, he always looks like he's tired. 
I
'm sure he is.
Forth, I'll be praying for our Obama that God will give him wisdom and, most importantly, that Obama will seek it. Whether he does or not, I can have peace knowing that God is in control.


No comments: