Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dec 20- Jan 13


Well, Christmas was great! We went home for the holidays and spent some time with our families.
So what does our Christmas look like?  ...Before we left home for TN Jordan and I swopped gifts! I got Jordan a chair massager, clothes, and a locket. (Which she didn't get until a couple of weeks ago...   long story). Jordan got me some cool gadgets, an espresso machine (LOVE IT), and a cool man purse! We left for TN December 22nd.
Christmas Eve the Thompsons all get together. Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents...  the whole bunch. This is anywhere from 20-30 people. We've being doing this for about 3 decades. Everyone brings a dish, we all catch up with what's going on as we eat dinner. The we all gather in the living room. We sing some Christmas carols and some of the cousins will normally perform on an array of instruments that have been learned or perfected over the past year. Jordan and I sang "Baby It's Cold Outside" while I played guitar. The Kings got to come a little later, which was great!
Then the gifts are past out. A couple months prior everyone draws a name for who they will be buying a gift for. This prevents everyone from buying 30 gifts!
After we open gifts we thank everyone and people start to head off to the other Christmas events they have going on.
Christmas day we opened presents with the Kings! 
That was lots of fun. Jordan's dad got us all these little "musicians". I like them a lot. Jordan's parents also got us  Wii! Which I have wiily enjoyed! Go to my facebook if you want to see who got what...    Why Scott is the tall guitar player, I'll never know.
After that we went over to my parents house, opened presents and ate breakfast with my grandparents. My parents got us lots of cool stuff! Mom got jordan lots of crocheting equipment and they got me lots of Starbucks stuff!!! Yeah!   ...I know, it's said that I work there and yet I still love it to get presents from there! They also got us a 4gb camera card.

While we were home, my brother Logan and I also filmed another Afro Man episode! 
We've been doing these periodically over the past 2 years and they're lots of fun!
 If you want to check them out...    click here...   Afro Man.
You can see episodes 1-3.5!   :)

New Years Eve we were with Jordan's parents! They took us out to the Spaghetti Factory in downtown Nashville! Then we walked over to the piano bar to go watch some live music (it was extremely cold outside). We walked up to the front and it was $50 a head! Yeah right! So we walked back to the car, drove home, had some cake and ice cream, and watch the ball drop.
Hope everyone a great holiday and doing well on your resolutions!

No comments: