Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The New President Elect

Well Barack Obama is now Barack Obama President Elect...   two brief statements. 
The first is that I'm disappointed, sad, and even a little astonished. But not really surprised. What does surprise me are the reactions I've been watching the past hour or so. I have never seen people so obsessed with a President as they are with president elect Obama. Especially the reactions of the world. I just heard that Kenya just made a Nation Holiday supporting Obama's win.
I've never really been able to grasp how the world could fall under one leader until tonight. It has given me a much better perspective of what I believe is going to happen during the "end times".
Second, even though I am far from satisfied with the new president elect, I believe he deserve a level of respect from me. If not for any reason, simply because he will be my new President, and for that I will give him the respect he deserves. I am also happy of the new achievement for black history.

As great or as scary as it might seem, only one thing truly matters. There is only one God Almighty. And no matter how alone, small, unsafe, or afraid I could feel...    I do not feel. Because I know God is in control. And as cliché as that unfortunately sounds...   it is the only fact that keeps me my soul at peace.

"Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'" (Matthew 28:18-20)

1 comment:

phoomen said...

hey there Landon. I love reading your insites (and Scott B). Maybe you remember me from the trip to Nigeria. Your blogs give me something to ponder on.