Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Day '08

Well...  tomorrow is the big historical day!
I think Jordan and I are planning on hitting the poles around 9-10am. Hopefully that will leave me plenty of time to be at work by 2pm. But who knows?!?

I will go ahead and tell you who I am voting for. It doesn't bother me if everyone knows. I'll be voting for Senator John McCain.
I will be the first to admit that I am not the brightest when it comes to these two presidential candidates. But there are several reasons why I'm voting for John McCain, and several reasons why I'm not voting for Barack Obama. But there's no way I'm writing all that (and I'll probably sound stupid). I'll just leave it at these two simple reasons why I'm for McCain.
1) McCain does not support abortion or homosexual union. These topics are very important for me, being a Christian. I believe that when it comes down to it, McCain has much better morals than Obama.
2) It is obvious that Obama is very popular
 among all Hollywood, media, and most young people. The fact that he is favored by those who are "popular" makes it in itself "popular" to vote for Obama in this election. Whether most people believe Obama or not, or even truly knows what he stands for, they will vote for him simply because it's the popular thing to do. Ask them why they're voting Obama and there answer is...  you guessed it...   CHANGE!   That's all they know.
I don't think Hollywood has ever backed up a presidential candidate as much as they have Obama. And if you really look at how messed up Hollywood is, that is almost enough proof itself  that I don't need to vote for Obama. I would be voting with the same people that live and preach the exact opposite of what I believe.

Well, like I said, you're not going to find any deep and witty reasons to vote for either party here. I will say that I believe you always need to respect your President, whoever it may end up being. I will.
I will be at work while the results come in. It will suck not knowing until later, but I'll just have to deal with it.
All in all, I know whoever gets in office is exactly who God has decided to be there. There's no point in worrying. All I can do is pray and participate in my right and privilege to vote.

No comments: